Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cherry Coke Float Cupcakes

Cherry Coke Float Cupcake
The first cupcake on the agenda was the Cherry Coke Float Cupcake. I almost did the whole thing by myself. Had a little help from the sister, mostly with baking vocabulary I'm still learning... like 'pipe the whip cream'... um yeah. But I'm getting there! I found the recipe on The Novice Chef blog, but used the adapted recipe from the Brown Eyed Baker blog. It was perfect, because she already had the recipe cut in half for me.

It turned out well for my first try. It was in one piece so that's good, right? I was able to find seven people to try the cupcake. Out of the seven, five people said they would have another one if I made it for another occasion. Although, my sister would never turn down a cupcake. It's against her beliefs. Some of the cons of the cupcake included: being difficult to eat (super crumbly and gooey) and not enough of a Coke flavor. Also, it's important that you like cherry pie filling.

I don't think I'd make this cupcake again, but I really enjoyed baking it. It was a good cupcake to start with because it had so many different steps. I feel like I could tackle anything now... Almost.

The cake part came out a little more chocolate flavored than Coke flavored.
Cutting out the centers of the cupcakes was the part I was most nervous about. I put two cherries in each with a little extra of the creamy pie filling (it definitely could of done without the extra). The glaze was a little too runny, so I added more sugar. It might of absorbed into the cake more without the extra pie filling.
I used Maraschino Cherries because they're easy and delicious. 

1 comment:

  1. I, like your sister, can NEVER turn down a cupcake, no matter what. And these are adorable! As a Coke fan, I've always wanted to try the "Coca Cola Cake" I've heard about for 30 years but never have. I understand it simply deepens the chocolate flavor. I love cherry pie, so this looks like something I would definitely give a thumbs up. I'm ready for next week's! Just tell me when to show up for tasting! :)

    ReplyDelete