Tuesday, May 29, 2012

S'mores Cupcakes

S'mores Cupcakes
"-Hey, Smalls, you wanna s'more?
-Some more of what?"

If you don't know what that's from then Google it and go watch that movie immediately. No questions about it. I apologize it has taken me so long to write a blog on this one. It's been one of those weeks, or two... I went camping this past weekend so these cupcakes were my ode to camping. I hope you all have many camping trips in your future this summer. That delicious toasted marshmallow, plus the melted milk chocolate, AND crunchy sweet graham cracker.... it just cannot get better than that. I found the recipe on Half Baked's cake blog.

You will not believe how hard it was to find marshmallow fluff out here on the west coast. I looked everywhere (kinda). Also found out a number of LA-ians did not even know what the stuff was. Blasphemy! Marshmallow Fluff is delicious and should be eaten by everyone as a kid, and sometimes even as an adult. Boom, said it. Anyways, enough about that. I had to make my own marshmallow fluff for this cupcake. You really just take some mini marshmallows and corn syrup and cook it on a double boiler. I found that recipe on yahoo answers somewhere. It worked well enough I guess. Use the fluff if you can, though.

The one thing I was told a lot about this cupcake was that it needed more graham cracker. Next time I would put a layer of graham cracker on the bottom of the cupcake and even more on top. I didn't want the graham cracker crumbs to be soggy, but maybe they would be alright at the bottom. I dunno, but it's worth a try. The people have spoken!

Also, I was trying to be kinda fast with these near the end, so the frosting just rolled right off of the tops of all of the cupcakes. That's why they all look like they've been partially eaten. Kinda gross ha, but they tasted good!

Mmm... chocolate cake
The icing looked okay at first.
Here, not so much. Super messy, just like a real s'more!

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing, Jenny, and I think the fact that the marshmallow fluff is melting off of them makes them all the more tempting! And it's "Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme" you're looking for: fl=l5n406k413w244v536i5k404c4l4f444l4n554p5g534k5o21303t20354e3o4n2h4l494
    I get it at Ralph's! Can't wait for the next one (and keep me in mind for testing!)

    ReplyDelete