Friday, June 1, 2012

Butterbeer Cupcakes

Butterbeer Cupcakes
My sister is possibly one of the biggest nerds of all time, and I love her for it. For her birthday this year we threw a huge nerd bash full of Harry Potter, Star Wars, Hunger Games, Sherlock, Game of Thrones, and most of all Doctor Who. For her cupcakes, she specially requested Butterbeer cupcakes, like the drink they have in Harry Potter. We went to Harry Potter World (aka the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando) last summer and had the most delicious butterbeer ever. We have yet to be able to recreate it, but I did find a butterbeer cupcake recipe at Amy Bites's blog. 

The cake part had Cream Soda in it with a butterscotch ganache and the frosting was butterscotch buttercream. It was a super easy recipe. I poked a lot of holes in the cake to make sure it was filled with the butterscotch ganache. I was a little worried it might of had too much filling, but everyone really liked it. You could barely taste the Cream Soda in it, but that was actually okay because butterscotch is awesome and delicious.

These were definitely a hit, even if you don't like Harry Potter or have any idea what butterbeer is. As long as you like butterscotch, then you'll like these cupcakes. And if you don't like butterscotch then you should probably rethink your life... but seriously. It's delicious.

Light and fluffy cake
Lots of holes for the ganache. I kept pouring the butterscotch in there until it was spilling out the top.
Kinda pretty, I guess.
I also made Game of Thrones Ned Stark head on a stake cake pops! Red Velvet. Absolutely delicious.

2 comments:

  1. You could definitely sell millions of the Ned Stark-on-a-Stake cake pops!! (Along with all your amazing cupcakes). C'mon, let's start monetizing these efforts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha they were so delicious! I would make them everyday if I could.

    ReplyDelete