Saturday, March 24, 2012

Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Irish Car Bomb Cupcake
St. Paddy's Day is by far my favorite holiday. Not only am I Irish (the Coyle in me) and love drinking a good beer, my favorite color is green. I love everything green. And if I get to choose which color I want for something, that's the color I always choose. So in honor of my favorite holiday, I decided to make an Irish Car Bomb cupcake this week. I got the recipe from the lovely Brown Eyed Baker blog. I cut the recipe in half to make 12 cupcakes. Btw, cutting 3/4 in half is one of the hardest things I've ever done. I'm exaggerating a little bit.

I didn't have as many people around to try this cupcake, but everyone that tried it liked it. The recipe itself was pretty easy. Chocolate and Guinness cupcake, chocolate and Jameson Whiskey ganache (look at me using fancy words), and Bailey's frosting. The frosting was the best part. It almost made it taste too strong, but there's not nearly enough liquor in it to get you as smashed as car bombs. The Guinness itself burns all out, just leaves a little flavor.

If you're looking to make a cupcake for your favorite friend who drinks way too much, then this is the perfect cupcake for them. It will give them enough of a taste to want to have a lot of them, and then go drinking with you afterwards. Not too bad an idea, if you ask me :)

The cupcakes kinda of dipped in the middle when I took them out of the oven. Interesting, but ok since I was cutting out the centers anyways. 
Delicious Jameson ganche in the middle. Just spooned it right in.
Bailey's frosting...YUM! What else can I use this frosting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment