Friday, March 16, 2012

Thin Mint Cupcakes

Thin Mint Cupcakes
The cupcake of all cupcakes. You have no idea how obsessed with Thin Mints I am. Last Saturday I went to the Ralph's down the street and bought four boxes of Thin Mints. I had to. So this cupcake was an obvious choice for this time of year. It was by far the most delicious homemade cupcake I have ever made, AND THEY'RE GREEN!!! This is my favorite color, if you didn't know.
I took the recipe from four different blogs. The first Thin Mint cupcake recipe I looked at was at the Mom's Crazy Cooking blog. This is where I got the idea, but she wanted me to use cake mix and I wanted to do everything homemade. If I'm gonna do it, then I'm gonna do it right. So I found a dark chocolate cupcake recipe for the bottom layer at one of my favorite baking blogs, Brown Eyed Baker. And the vanilla cupcake recipe at the same blog, Brown Eyed Baker. I put a Thin Mint at the bottom of each cupcake, and also crushed Thin Mints into the dark chocolate mix. For the frosting, I wanted something minty so I used the creamy mint frosting recipe at the Crazy About Cupcakes blog.
I made a batch of 24 cupcakes, and I think had about 18 different people taste them. Every single person liked them. I had a few people come back for seconds. These cupcakes were also actually better after they were in the fridge for a little bit (just like Thin Mints themselves). I'm thinking of going to buy more Thin Mints just so I can make these again in a few weeks. Do yourself a favor, and make these cupcakes. Immediately. You will not regret it.
Bottom layer chocolate. Top layer GREEN vanilla. I made it really green. 
My better batch :)
Minty frosting. Probably my prettiest cupcake, too. 
Thin Mint on the bottom. Two layers in the middle.

1 comment:

  1. You have definitely outdone yourself with this one, Jenny!! I am going to have to go off my wheat-free diet for this one! And how timely for St. Patty's Day! I am LOVING this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete