Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes

Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes
Easter has, by far, the best candy of any holiday. Halloween is a close second, but you only ever get the mini versions or crappy tootsie rolls. Easter has Brach's jellybeans, Reese's eggs, Robin's eggs, and the delicious Cadbury eggs. So the cupcake for this week was a Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcake. I got the idea from the Cupcake Activist. I got the dark chocolate cupcake recipe from Brown Eyed Baker and the buttercream frosting from My Baking Addiction

I used the mini Cadbury Eggs for the cupcakes. The cupcake recipe was already for 12 cupcakes, but I cut the frosting recipe in half. I put all of the cupcake batter into the liners, but I probably would take some out of each if I did it again. They overflowed a little bit.

I think everyone enjoyed this cupcake, but it was mostly just a chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting. Not much of a Cadbury Creme taste to it. It was nice getting into the middle of the cupcake to the Egg, but next time I'm going to look for a frosting that tastes more like the fondant inside, instead of just vanilla. I think a large Cadbury Egg would have been too much, though. I rarely finish a whole one, and that's when it's not inside of a cupcake.

The eggs have to be frozen when you put them into the batter.
The batter overflowed a little bit for these. 
They were still a little warm when I took this, so it doesn't look all that great. But it tasted good!

No comments:

Post a Comment