Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cracker Jack Cupcakes

Cracker Jack Cupcakes
I've always been a baseball fan. I grew up loving the Atlanta Braves, thanks to the parents. So to celebrate baseball season starting, I made a Cracker Jack cupcake! This one included: peanut butter cupcake, caramel frosting, Cracker Jack topping, and caramel drizzle on top. I got the recipe from Better Recipes

You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find Cracker Jacks. A little exaggeration, but had to go to 3 different places before I found any. Finally found some at the AmPm convenient store. Also, it's surprisingly hard to "drizzle" caramel. To heat it up enough to make it drip, but not burn. Yeah, couldn't do it. So I used two of those little caramel dips.


These were interesting. I really love peanut butter, so that part was good. I also like caramel. The part I was disappointed in, and I think was the verdict among most people, was the Cracker Jack on top. I wanted it to be crunchy like out of the bag, but it was a bit soggy because of the frosting and drizzle. I am not a fan of soggy foods, at all. So next time I would probably put the Cracker Jack on top right when I was about to serve it. 

One last thing,
GO BRAVES!

The batter was really thick. Meaning heavy cupcakes.
I like how the tops looked on these. 
SO much extra caramel on top. Maybe too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment